Love PLANET PROGRESS? Become a fan of iNDIGO PROjECT and stay up to date on the latest episodes. Tell all your friends.
Special Note: Every hundredth Fan gets something special delivered to them. We only need 10 more to reach 200. Will you be the lucky one?
So many aspects of our lives revolve around the use of energy, but where does that energy come from and how is it being created in a way that not only benefits the planet but us as well? In the following next video newsletters of PLANET PROGRESS we meet those who are generating and using energy in a sustainable way.
Today, we feature New Belgium Brewing Company, an earth and human friendly brewing company looking to save the world one Ale at a time.
Check out the video on our site:
Make sure to become a fan!
Salvadoran American Leadership and Education Fund (SALEF)
12th Annual Awards and Scholarship Banquet
Friday, October 23, 2009
Reception – 5:30pm
Dinner – 7:00pm
Marriott Los Angeles Downtown
333 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
General Admission: $250
Buy your tickets here:
- Community Service Award – Salvadoran of the Year: Franzi Hasbun (Hato), Secretary of Strategic Affairs, Office of the President, Republic of El Salvador
- Public Service Award: Honorable Wendy Greuel, Los Angeles City Controller
- Excellence in Leadership Award: Monica Gil, Senior Vice President, Public Affairs, The Nielsen Company
- Civic Service Award: Andres Fuentes, Salvadoran Entrepreneur
- Corporate Service Award: Time Warner Cable
Honorable John A. Perez, California Assembly Democratic Caucus Chair
Mr. Francisco Urtasun, Director of Community Partnerships, Sempra Energy
Honorary Dinner Committee
Honorable Antonio Villaraigosa, Honorable Gloria Molina, Honorable Mark Ridley Thomas, Honorable Lucille Roybal-Allard, Honorable Karen Bass, Honorable Bob Blumenfield, Honorable Kevin de León, Honorable Felipe Fuentes, Honorable Warren T. Furutani, Honorable Fiona Ma, Honorable Eric Garcetti, Honorable Janice Hahn, Honorable José Huizar, Honorable Ed Reyes, Honorable Monica Garcia, Mr. Jimmy Blackman, Dr. Beatrice Cortez, Ms. Ana Cubas, Mr. Marqueece Harris Dawson, Mrs. Mia Lehrer, Dr. Sonia Molina, Dr. Albert Pacheco
About SALEF (www.salef.org)
Founded in October 1995 by long-time Salvadoran peace activists, SALEF serves the Central American and other Latino immigrant populations and those who are becoming New Americans. Our service area includes Pico Union, south-east Los Angeles, south Los Angeles and throughout California. Pico-Union/Westlake is a vibrant community located southwest of downtown Los Angeles and one of the most densely populated in Los Angeles County. SALEF has worked in this community for over thirteen years developing close partnerships and building trust with area residents, schools, community organizations, elected officials and government and business leaders. SALEF’s ongoing organizing efforts, community events, targeted issue campaigns, youth outreach, and various conferences and projects occur continually and promote community empowerment.
When you donate to SALEF, where will your money go?
- $100 helps pay for 1-2 books or three months of public transportation.
- $250 pays for the training of 122 mentors to better serve our youth.
- $500 helps pay one semester of tuition for a full time student at a JC or pays for supplies and books for one semester at a CSU.
- $1,000 pays for 2.5 buses for our annual youth and parent conference at UCLA.
- $1500 pays tuition for one semester at a CSU campus or books and supplies for one year at a UC.
- $2,000 covers a mentor’s scholarship that pays tuition for one semester at a CSU plus books, or half the tuition for a quarter at a UC.
- $3,000 will provide an entire year of workshops such as: financial aid, A-G requirements, leadership development, cultural workshops and career exploration to 330 mentees and mentors.
- $5,000 will pay tuition and supplies for one quarter at a UC or two semesters, including supplies, at a CSU.