Position Description: Deputy Director, Los Angeles
Latinos On Fast Track (LOFT) Institute seeks an entrepreneurial leader to serve as Deputy Director based in Los Angeles. Reporting to the Executive Director and Chair of the Institute and in partnership with the staff of the Hispanic Heritage Foundation, the Deputy Director of the Institute will be principally responsible for development in addition to other internal and external facing responsibilities, including project management, administration, and human capital. The Deputy Director will play a critical role in the national expansion and overall growth of the Institute
- Structure and lead regional and industry vertical teams of LOFT Fellows
- Create and execute fundraising plans for regional and industry vertical initiatives
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Administer the implementation of fundraising, CRM, and e-mail marketing solutions
- Manage donor database and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with members and major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of individual donors
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Represent the Institute in regional and industry-specific conferences and other public venues
- Oversee the planning and execution of special events
- Devise and direct new media strategies for integration with development plans
Candidates should have a passion for the LOFT Institute’s mission. Entrepreneurial skills are critical as the Deputy Director’s role is similar to launching a new non-profit organization.
- Graduate degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in campaign fundraising or non-profit development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Comfort and demonstrated success in fundraising and/or sales
- Mature judgment, with a high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Independent, results-focused, highly organized self-starter;
- Ability to work under pressure in campaign-style environment
- Computer, internet, and mobile data literate with experience in Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Comfortable giving/receiving constructive feedback and acting as a coach/mentor to Fellows
Salary: Salary will be commensurate upon experience and qualifications
Application Timeline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Background on LOFT: http://www.loftinstitute.org/about-loft
The LOFT program was created by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) in partnership with the Hispanic College Fund (HCF) to systematically identify, prepare, place and retain emerging Latino professionals on a management track. The LOFT program has evolved into the LOFT Institute, which leverages the assets of LOFT and HHF to better bolster America’s workforce via a regional and industry-specific approach.
LOFT Institute’s mission looks to reestablish the American workforce as a global competitor by investing in the youngest and fastest growing segment of the population – the Latino community.
Link to the Hispanic Heritage Foundation: http://hispanicheritage.org/
Filed under: Uncategorized |